& Then I Moved Into an Apartment

Saturday, September 14, 2013











The end of Summer has brought change. Change in location. Change in occupation. Change in clothes and hair and the list goes on. But I am here now. Here in my new apartment, which is really the size of a house, with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and living room. And a storage closet in which I have flung all my cardboard boxes. 

I've brought my yellow and white chair from home. Books with bindings that are art. An updated and in-the-process wardrobe. A gold mirror covered in makeup boxes and perfume bottles. A simple bed side table with reading material. Cozy, calming blankets. Basic, linen hand towels. More books that I've carried throughout my adolescence. Bathroom accessories. A photo of my father reading Harry Potter to me on the beach, while I eat the rest of the tortilla chips. And napkins from my mother's kitchen drawers. 

I am here. And I will be here. The change will continue. And I will welcome it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment